100 Percent Volunteer Run OrganizationUpdated Monday September 10, 2018 by South Lakeland Baseball.
Registration for Smart Start, Coach Pitch/T-ball, Rookie, Billy Ripken, Cal Ripken, and Prep Division is now open for the Fall 2018.
Fall 2018 Dates
Early Registration discount in July.
Regular Online registration is now open through the end of August.
In person registration dates are:
August 11th and 18th - 9 am to 1 pm (North Quad Fields 5-8)
People can also register online in advance and pay in person with cash or check on one of these two dates. Registration fees can also be paid during the player evaluations.
Player Evaluations - (no evaluations for Smart Start or Coach Pitch/T-Ball Divisions)
August 28th - Rookie Division - 6 pm (check-in starts at 5:30 pm)
September 5th - Prep Division - 6:00 pm (check-in starts at 5:30 pm)
September 4th - Billy Ripken and Cal Ripken Divisions - 6 pm (check-in starts at 5:30 pm)
September 5th - Make-up Evaluations (Prep, Cal Ripken, Billy Ripken and Rookie) - 6 pm (check-in starts at 5:30 pm)
Fall practices start:
September 8th - Rookie, Billy Ripken, Cal Ripken, Prep Divisions
September 17th - Coach Pitch/T-ball and Smart Start Divisions
Opening Day: September 29th, 2018
Regular Season games: October 1st, 2018 through November 16th, 2018
Post Season Tournament: No post season in fall due to holiday schedule
Playing Schedule: Check your team's website for schedules. You will be able to download the schedule to your smartphone, tablet, or PC into your personal calendar from the team website by clicking on the ical link.
Registration fee include league uniform shirt and hat.
Why should you join SLBRL?
1) SLBRL managers & coaches are Babe Ruth/Cal Ripken Certified as well as volunteers must submit to a background check.
2) We have more fields than any other single facility in Polk County with nine (9) dedicated full size fields (60', 70', & 90'). You future MLB'er can play from T-ball to High School Prep all at one facility. And more fields means fewer double headers and fewer Saturday games.
3) Quality uniform shirts and stitched league hats provided to every player and coach in the spring and fall. We designate MLB team names and colors in the spring season. We designate college team names and colors during the fall season. Coach pitch/T-ball and Smart start use Tampa Bay Rays official uniforms in the spring season.
4) We have the nicest facilities around with plenty of parking, protective shade cloth ceilings over the bleachers to provide shade and foul ball protection and exclusive use to a league managed batting cage facility.
5) We offer a consistently competitive and successful post season All Star program following each Spring season.
6) No weeknight double headers**. Most games start at 6:30. **some smart start games are played earlier
7) Most games are schedule during the week on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday (Due to such a large demand and turnout, we do have some early and late games are scheduled on Friday to accommodate all teams. We also have a few Saturday games in our younger divisions to accommodate a full schedule)