League InformationUpdated Tuesday September 5, 2017 by South Lakeland Baseball.
Registration for Smart Start, Coach Pitch, Rookie, Minors, Majors, and PREP is now open for the Fall.
Registration is now open through the end of August.
In person registraion dates are: 8/12/17 and 8/19/17 from 9am-1pm; 8/17/17 from 6pm-8pm.
Fall practices: After Labor Day
Regular Season: October 2nd - November 17th
Tournament: No Tournament in fall season
Playing Schedule: Check your team's website for schedules. You can downlaod the schedule to your smartphone, tablet, or PC into your personal calendar from the team website by clicking on the ical link.
Age and Division Assignments
South Lakeland Babe Ruth League believes in a healthy balance of fundamental instruction and competitive play in all of our Divisions from 3-18 years of age. Boys and girls are welcome to play. All of our divisions are co-ed.
Our Training Division is a unique division called Smart Start and ranges from ages 3-4. This division is intended to introduce our little ones to the game of baseball in a fun, noncompetitive and nurturing environment.
Our Cal Ripken Divisions feature Coach Pitch (ages 5-6), Rookie (ages 7-8), Minors (ages 9-10), and Majors (ages 11-12).
Our Babe Ruth Division consists of High School Prep (ages 13-15).
*League Age is determined as of May 1, 2018 - Registration fees include uniform shirt and hat.
Why should you join SLBRL?
1) SLBRL managers & coaches are Babe Ruth/Cal Ripkin Certified as well as volunteers must submit to a background check.
2) We have more fields than any other single facility in Polk County with nine (9) dedicated full size fields (60', 70', & 90'). You future MLB'r can play from T-ball to High School Prep all at one facility. And more fields means fewer double headers and fewer Saturday games.
3) Quality MLB authentic uniform shirts and hats provided to every player and coach in the spring. We use minor league or college teams with league sponsored jerseys in the fall.
4) We have the nicest facilities around with plenty of parking, protective shade cloth ceilings over the bleachers to provide shade and foul ball protection and exclusive use to a league managed batting cage facility.
5) We offer a consistently competitive and successful post season All Star program every year.