100 Percent Volunteer Run OrganizationUpdated Friday February 23, 2018 by South Lakeland Baseball.
Registration for Smart Start, Coach Pitch/T-ball, Rookie, Minors, Majors, and Prep Division is now open for the Spring.
Spring 2018 Dates
Online registration is now open through the end of January.
In person registraion dates are: January 13th and 20th - 9 am to 1 pm (North Quad Fields 5-8)
We will host in-person registration at the north quad (fields 5-8) on January 13th and January 20th from 9am to 1pm. People can also register online in advance and pay in person with cash or check on one of these two dates to avoid the $3 convenience fee. Registration fees can also be paid during the week of player evaluations.
Spring practices start:
January 29th - Coach Pitch, Rookie, Minor, Major Divisions
February 12th - Smart Start, Prep Divisions
Opening Day: February 24th, 2018
Regular Season games: February 26th, 2018 through April 27th, 2018
Post Season Tournament: April 28th through May 12th
All-Stars**(post season play-Summer)
Rookie Qualifier - Lake City - June 8th -10th
Babe Ruth/Cal Ripken District Tournament (minor - prep) - June 14th - 18th
Small League State Tournament - (Prep only) - June 30th - July 3rd
Babe Ruth/Cal Ripken Florida State Tournament Dates - July 6th - 10th
Babe Ruth/Cal Ripken Southeast Regional Dates - July 17th - 21st
**Official dates only - other tournaments - TBD
Playing Schedule: Check your team's website for schedules. You will be able to downlaod the schedule to your smartphone, tablet, or PC into your personal calendar from the team website by clicking on the ical link.
Registration fees include uniform shirt and hat.
Why should you join SLBRL?
1) SLBRL managers & coaches are Babe Ruth/Cal Ripkin Certified as well as volunteers must submit to a background check.
2) We have more fields than any other single facility in Polk County with nine (9) dedicated full size fields (60', 70', & 90'). You future MLB'r can play from T-ball to High School Prep all at one facility. And more fields means fewer double headers and fewer Saturday games.
3) Quality MLB authentic uniform shirts and hats provided to every player and coach in the spring. We use minor league or college teams with league sponsored jerseys in the fall.
4) We have the nicest facilities around with plenty of parking, protective shade cloth ceilings over the bleachers to provide shade and foul ball protection and exclusive use to a league managed batting cage facility.
5) We offer a consistently competitive and successful post season All Star program following each Spring season.
6) No weeknight double headers**. Most games start at 6:30. **some smart start games are played earlier
7)Most games are schedule during the week on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday (Due to such a large demand and turnout, we do have some early and late games are scheduled on Friday to accommodate all teams. We also have a few Saturday games in our younger divisions to accommodate a full schedule)